Saturday, October 11, 2008

MILESTONES

OMG! Today was exactly half way through Marathon Training program #1 for me! Thats 8 weeks BABY! Here are some of my STATS since I started running at the beginning of the year. My New Years Resolution has been a productive one this year!




  • Since August 18th (Day 1 of Marathon Training) I have run 223.8 miles.

  • I have run 39 times since that day

  • I have run 1 Half Marathon UNDER 2 hours (1:57:47) since Marathon training

  • I have made 3 LONGEST RUN EVER milestones since that day, 14+, 16 and 18+

  • I went from 11:30/miles to 8:20/miles (or faster) since January 1st

  • My first LONG run was 6 miles on January 5th and I thought I was going to die

  • Today that is a regular run for me

  • 529.3 miles is my milage to date since January 1st
  • My Goal for 2008 was 500

  • 88 1/2 hours on my feet running since the beginning of the year

  • Three 5K's,Two 10K's and Two half marathons all progressively faster than the last

  • I have spent an ENORMOUS amount of $$$ at Fleet Feet including a $350 GPS watch and 3 pairs of shoes, 5 pairs of socks and endless amounts of other things (i.e. stuff the hubby doesn't know about) oh and he bought 2 pairs of socks and one pair of shoes, because you know that matters in the grand scheam of things, like when the $25 credit comes for every $250 you spend... yea thats ALL mine BABY!

  • Running has made me a bit crazy, but my body is looking better! Its all a trade off I know.

5 comments:

lizzie lee said...

Loved your stats... I post mine at the end of the year.... WOW, you are doing amazingly well. Half under 2h is pretty impressive, my best is 2:24 and I am improving a lot.

Shhh!!! I won't tell your hubby about your stuff. It seems that you are enjoying all those gadgets and all those shoes!!!

I started last year (around April) jogging 1 min and walking 1 min, for 20 min total, and asked myself, How I am going to do next week, when I have to jog 2 minutes in a row? Amazing how we are. Now we just hit the road and run for HOURS!!!! And like you say 6 miles is a short distance, like saying: I'll be back in a bit!!! I am going to the grocery store!!!

I am running Seattle Marathon, what are you running and when?

Julianne said...

Those are great stats! Wow, you've improved so much on your pace. Congrats!!! :-)

SuperDave said...

1. Hilarious post bout your youngin the other day.. Kids..haha
2. You were zooming on the last 5K of Cowtown, you must have a "adrenaline pouch" somewhere.
3.I pretty amazed how far your runnning has come this yr, it gives me a little hope it my "small running world."
4. Fleet, Fleet is the bomb. You gals are so sneaky, $$$!! LOL!
5. Did you run back in school? If not you should've..
Good running :)

P.O.M. said...

You're doing awesome!
I just signed up for another half. My goal will sub 2! So exiting to say.

ShirleyPerly said...

Wow, you've come a long way baby! Congrats on your 18-miler. 20 sounds like it'll be no problemo for you. And very cool that you get a $25 discount for every $250 you spend!