Saturday, February 7, 2009

PR: 10K

Today we had 10K time trail to see how we've improved over the last 5 weeks of training. Although I've been suffering from this chest cold that may or may not turn into a real full blown chaos before we go on vacation, I did remarkably better than I had hoped. My first time trail was around 57minutes and today I came in at 52:30! That's an 8:28 a minute pace, WAHOO! Believe me I had NOTHING left at the end. At mile 5 I had to slow down a bit due to some wheezing and every time I tried to speed up it would show up again. Liz came in a marvelous 14seconds in front of me. I tried so hard to keep up...ugh. Vince who didn't think he could keep up with us did awesome at today's 10K. He stayed with us until that last 1/2 mile where he kicked it in and caught up to Todd who we kept in our sights the whole run but he seemed just too far to make up. But since I've taken over 3 minutes off of my previous PR and more from the other time trial I'm stoked! Now I'm worried that David and Alan will place me in a faster bracket than I think I can handle.

Tomorrow Vicki and Ross will be running the Davis Stampeed 10K and I'm sure Vicki will have SMOKED my time and I'm excited and happy for her! Can't wait to see their times. What an improvement Ross has made in the few months since jumping head first into the wonderful world of running.

Tuesday we leave for Disneyland. Hopefully there is a treadmill at the hotel since Disneyland really isn't in the safest area for outdoor running alone. But we will have fun!

7 comments:

Steven Cohen said...

Great PR! Now go out and have a great time @ Disney. Maybe a little CA adventure?

Southbaygirl said...

Great run!!! You rocked it!

Disneyland...just down the road from me!!

*Sarah* said...

Great time, Tina! Huge improvement!

Tina Mickelson said...

and in my dreams I'll be as fast as *Sarah*. Tuesday we leave for Disneyland AND California Adventures. I'm hoping for some BEAUTIFUL weather.

Aron said...

awesome job!!!! that is a huge improvement - congrats!

ShirleyPerly said...

Congrats on your PR! Don't be afraid of moving up to a faster group. That's how you'll get even faster.

Enjoy your trip to Disney!

SuperDave said...

You have a fast running group. See what happens when you get faster. Now you have to break 50 mins. It never ends. NEVER!!!
haha what a great run!