Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Packing

I should be packing. I should be packing, I should be packing. What am I doing? I'm here typing away at the computer with ice on my knee. Actually its on my shin just below my left knee. Tonight was our 10K run night but the heat index was 145. yea too hot. WAY TOO HOT. So we had a guest speaker during our meeting and our local Doc, John the chiropractor came on in to talk about Injury Prevention. It was a nice talk and I didn't even think to ask him about my sourness. You know denial is more than just a river in Egypt. I must be well before this weekend. I cannot be injured. I guess I should go to bed then.

I did run 6 miles today on the dreadmill... I mean treadmill at the gym. I did 13 minute warm up mile, half mile increments starting at 9 min pace with a minute rest between. I worked my way down to 8 min/mile pace. I then did a mile cool down at 11 min pace.

I felt good. now I hurt though. I think I'll de-ice, go to bed and see how I feel in the morning.

1 comment:

ShirleyPerly said...

Oh no! The only thing worse that that terrible air quality you guys are having is dealing with an injury. I hope it's nothing serious and nothing that will get in the way of your walk this weekend. GOOD LUCK!!!