Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The most amazing FOOD (Friday recap)

This weekend I participated in my 4th Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. I walked with Good Neighbor, side by side, to raise awareness and $$$. It was incredibly emotional and also painful but as we were reminded walking nearly 40 miles is no easy feat (for your feet). More on that later. This first post is about GRUB. We ate the most AMAZING meals this weekend.

We did eat amazingly well. We stopped in Davis on the way down and had Chevy's. We split two yummy salads that both sounded yummy. She got one, I got one, ohh and a yummy quasidilla with chicken and beans and some sort of chipolte sauce, split them down the middle and went to town. We stopped my Gma Ruby's where my mom, sista, niece and nephews where hanging out and visited for a few minutes before taking BART into the City.

Our wonderful hotel was just steps away from our Powell St. station so we checked into the Parc 55 hotel and settled into our 31st floor room with the most amazing view of the city. Then we headed over to our host hotel. This year, with all our $$ in early all we had to do was walk up to the table and they handed us our packet. Seriously, an hour process the last three years I walked was cut down to an amazing 5 minutes.




We headed out to find a yummy dinner. We had reservations at a place a couple blocks away but after reviewing their menu nothing really seemed appetizing. We did walk past a Jewish pastry/deli/restaurant that looked amazing but fear of eating anything out of the ordinary before the walk kept us looking. We did find this place called Max's. We had delicious food and a cocktail. Again sharing our appetizer of Thai veggie raps with hot dipping sauce. Then some Mauritanian chicken with veggies. Ohhh and a MUCH TOO STRONG cranberry Cosmo. It was pretty close to the most PERFECT meal I have ever had.




We left a wonderful meal and headed up the street to stop back by the Jewish place called DAVID'S to pick up dessert to go. After much ohh-ing and ahh-ing we broke down and chose the Almond bar ... it was almonds covered in a honey sauce with some sort of crumb crust on the bottom then dipped in dark chocolate. It looked and she said with a wicked grin on her face, that it was delicious. I on the other hand had a macaroon with the same kind of graham cracker crust on the bottom but in the middle ohhh the best mocha cream filling. Then of course it was dipped in the same dark chocolate. We took them back to the hotel, got ready for bed and for the next few crazy days to come, settled into bed and indulged. OH MY GOODNESS! It was the single most amazing food day I have ever had. I love my kids but you just can't eat like that with them around. I now look forward to more than just the amazing walk, to the amazing company of all my friends who walk beside me. I now look forward to FRIDAY for the FOOD!!

1 comment:

ShirleyPerly said...

Yes, S.F. is certainly the place to go for good food. Look forward to reading the next installment.