Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday Funday

Today the hubby got up early and left to go Turkey hunting which means his lab went crazy... camo + gun = a day out for Sprig... but not today. No doggies turkey hunting so she kept me up whiny and sad because she was left behind. I finally got up took a shower, got the boys ready for school and out the door in time to ride our bikes. My tire was flat so into the car we went. I did get to go to coffee with a friend I used to work with. It was nice to see her now that she's a SAHM and loving it. Its a different world and she went through some depression after leaving but she's doing a good job of coming out of it and feeling her way through this new appreciation for a NEW kind of job. Coffee and Kayla to love on made the day.

Hubby and I went to the landscape place and debated over rock. I made my decision we brought it home then he griped about it the whole time. Of course. Oh well.

Hollywood had Guitar lessons then we went to Food Maxx to go shopping. Hubby is TOO GOOD to shop there so I have to go alone. Of course I got only what was on my list and filled the whole back of my car for little over $100! The Lord knows we don't need meat so the rest of the food is pretty reasonable in comparison. We buzzed home where hubby had started dinner. Round Steak (elk) in cream of mushroom and cream of celery soup at 300 degrees for 2 hours. Then the gravy poured over white rice and corn bread on the side. Scratch the yams that I put in the oven. Oh well, I'll save them for tomorrow when he's gone and I eat healthy again. LOL

I totally could have ran today. I felt so good after my 16 mile progressive run yesterday. We finished so strong in the low 9 min mile range. It was a great day! Three weeks from yesterday is the CIM! I need to blog about my mental shifting gears and I hope to get to it tomorrow. I work in the boys classrooms and still need to find a sitter. Night night! I'm out.

2 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Great to hear your 16-miler went well!

Hope hubby brings home a nice big turkey. Mine doesn't even like to fish.

Willie said...

Mmmm Turkey and Elk! You are the luckiest person.

3 weeks to go means taper baby!! Yea! Good luck.