Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Trip

We had a great time on our trip. I got a good quality 4.25 mile walk in with Tracey in the hilly suburb of Seattle. ONE MONDO HILL to conquer that you think will end but it just keeps going, and pushing a stroller. Not my usual, hills yes, pushing a stroller really made it harder though.

We did A LOT of walking on Tuesday with our little walk together than taking the kiddo's and hubby with us to the Museum of Flight. I could have stayed there forever but the kids move a lot faster than us so we had to move on before finishing any one display. We had dinner that night at a YUMM-O pizza place then walked home. I figure we got about 7 miles of walking in total that day.

The next day we met Sista and took the Ferry to Seattle. We walked a lot, like 1.7 miles to Pike Market through the market area and then to the bus stop. We took the bus to Safeco Field for the Mariner's Game (Twin's WON!! YEA!) then walked another 1.2 miles back to the ferry. 4 adults and 3 kids walking all that was interesting but fun. I wish we had time to see the Space Needle but it sure gives us something to come back for.

I did run Friday Night for about three miles. The base is pretty flat compared to other areas (Tracey's neighborhood or down town Seattle) but enough hills to challenge me since my home town is REALLY FLAT. I have to look for hills where its safe to run, and there aren't that many. So that's my trip. Not as much running as I would have hoped but a good time with good friends and family(and only one kid puked on the trip). I am blessed.

No comments: