Saturday, January 3, 2009

A year ago

A year ago I headed out to my first run with the fleet feet crew to prepare for the Bidwell Classic Half marathon. A year ago I had NO miles for 2008 and I thought I would die after that first 6. a year ago I didn't know what I could do and now I know it was just the beginning.

Today I start my 4th training program with FF and its for the Shamrock'n half in Sac. Today is the first real run I've been on with the fleet feet crew this calander year and I have a whole 3 miles under my belt already. Today is the day I set new goals. This year I would like to run over a thousand miles and to get their I'm going to do the bump up mileage for the program like I was preparing for a marathon instead of a half because my best times are when I'm in full swing. AND if I want to do a spring marathon I'll be ready. This year is about doing my best, last year was about firsts. I can't wait to see what it holds.

Bye bye... I'm out for a run.

3 comments:

Steven Cohen said...

Well, it will be fun to follow your progress on this new campaign! Best of luck. Are you staying in the 500 club on Buckeye?

RBR said...

Maybe a spring marathon like Napa? or Big Sur?

I am just sayin'...

Aron said...

so awesome :) happy new year and i cant wait to see what 2009 holds for you!

i am pretty sure i am going to do the shamrock half too!