Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Friends

Today I took Cindi with me on my long run. I met up with AnnMarie at the store then headed out for the run in the park. Cindi did really good and AnnMarie and I got to know each other. We ran most of our miles in the high 9's just where we wanted our pace and stopped a few times so Cindi could get a drink. We had a great time and I'm looking forward to running with her more (even though she's faster than I am). We did our long run today, 12 miles, since she works this weekend and I'll be at the lake. Hopefully I can find some time and a trail to get my miles in this weekend.

This running community we have entered is amazing. I have met SO many wonderful people. I have challenged myself in ways unimaginable. So here I am opening up... seeing things in new eyes and running a course that is still being laid before me. I'm looking forward to that journey.

On a personal note. We found out today A new Niece is on her way! June is her due date. Pink Pink Pink...a little pink bundle of joy. I'm excited! (can you tell?)

3 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Congrats on the news of a new niece on the way! And great to hear you have found a new friend to run with. I need to do more of that this year.

Have fun at the lake!

SuperDave said...

It's great to have running friends. I live in the boonies and not alot of running friends - yeah it sucks. Maye I need to move somewhere else. haha
Great 12 miler!

Aron said...

isn't the running community the best? i have been very lucky to meet a bunch of great runner girls too :)