Monday, January 28, 2008

Improvement

In my head I had hoped for a good solid 10 minute per mile speed on my 1/2 marathon race. That race is only one month away and I hope that I am on track for that goal.

Overall this is how its broken down:
Last Tuesday I ran with group and we did one hour warm up at about 11 min/mile pace, then stretched and did two miles at pace speed (about 30seconds per mile faster than our estimated speed during the race), then did a cool down of about a mile back to the store. I did my pace time at 9min 40 sec which is better than I had hoped. This puts me right on where I want to be.

I ran intervals a little during the week but didn't push as hard as I wanted to. Its hard to keep the family home running and run. LOL.

Saturday I dragged my butt out of bed after having slept a blissful 9 hours and carried my butt back to our Saturday morning meeting place. Those of you who know me know that I do not follow directions well. I get lost after " turn left here then right here and when you get here... " all I hear is blah blah blah" so I went my own way and paced myself. I knew from the week prior where the 4 mile mark was. I kept my pace up and took it another mile +. Turned around and followed a fellow runner back the way we were supposed to come. Timing wise I did pretty good. for a 9 mile run I did about 1hour 31 minutes and 9 seconds. taking me to just over 10 minutes a mile. Now I just have to add 4 more miles to that. UGH.

I didn't run Sunday or Today, I really should have but didn't. Truth be told I would have loved to run today but one of the munchkins is sick so that went out the window. We will be at the BIL's wedding Saturday so I'm not sure how I'll get 10 miles in but I will be sure to run Wed and Friday and keep my miles up. So here it goes. I really have been better about eating though. I still can't say what I ate but my choices are more thought through and I'm eating good when I'm not hungry but know I need to eat. That's a start.

No comments: