Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Speed

Ran about 4 miles last night at the speed portion of the weeks training. Tuesdays kick butt... literally. I am absolutely no speed demon but let me tell you that 5 miles does not seem as far as it did two weeks ago. I am really trying hard to get all my miles in this week and up my speed for the next few weeks. My big problem is now to work running into being gone on vacation and to my BIL's wedding in a few weeks. Today's Kick in the Butt from Runners World made me think... besides the fact that I have to get new shoes so my back or knees don't hurt so bad, that setting goals and sticking to them sure boost your self esteem.


"We all have dreams. In order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an
awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline and effort."

Jesse Owens

No comments: