Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Disneyland

I ran 11.5 miles the weekend before we went to Disneyland and it felt great. We adjusted the route but mainly stuck to the Bidwell Classic course. It felt so good. Kept a nice easy pace all the way through and finished in about 2hours 20 minutes.

Then we went to Disneyland. We left at 9am on February 10th and drove all the way there. 8 hours in the car. But it was worth it to get up the next morning and see the kids see Disneyland for the first time. Unfortunately I got bronchitis... bad. It was so bad in fact that I had to call our Doctor friend to call a script in for me for antibiotics and an inhaler. By Tuesday I was feeling on the mend and we had a great time with the Hass and Whilhelm families. The rest of the week flew by and the bronchitis held on by its teeth to all but disappear.

Running that week was out of the question but I did do some core work, gotta do something.

That next tuesday was speed workouts and they hurt. The problem was that my sinuses were still draining and I was still coughing. But I did them and survived. I ran 8 miles that weekend as we were tapering and I was thankful for the shorter runs to recuperate.

No comments: