Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Speed + Fun = Fartleks

Fartleks are a sweedish term for running which means speed play during running. So tonight being our first speed workout for the "marathon or 21 mile race" program Coach Paul and Ramon had us doing speed play for our workout. We started out with a 15 minute warm up then did some active stretching and plyo's in the parking lot. We got started doing a countdown.. 2minutes hard, 1 minute easy, 1 minute hard, 30 seconds easy, 30 seconds hard then repeat it all until you get two miles of speed play in. Most of Liz and my faster running was at sub 8minute pace. most of the easy stuff was in the 10minute/mile range. Then we did an easy 10 minutes of cool down and stretching. I'm looking forward to the miles in this program.

Tomorrow I'm off to do Kettlebells  a photo shoot and hopefully run hills tomorrow night with some gals from running group then an easy 5 in the park Thursday with the girls and Kettlebells on Friday. I really need to work on eating well in the morning. I keep falling off the Gluten Free (GF) bandwagon and that is something I need to work on better because my tummy is not a happy camper when I fudge brownies literally and figuratively on my diet (I did pick up some GF blueberry waffles to try and of course some other yummy treats like Nutella to give my blander foods some pep! I need to drink more water. I know that. So I'm off to do great things and I'm starting by finishing up watching Biggest Loser then heading to the shower and to bed. Night all.

No comments: