Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year 2011... Unanswered Prayers

Ha! a post that has absolutely nothing to do with running and very little to do with food. Yep that's my disclaimer for the next three paragraphs. Happy New Year everyone!

You know that song Unanswered Prayers by Garth Brooks? Ya that was a little flash of my life yesterday. The hubby was getting off work, we met for brunch at Mom's and stuffed ourselves silly with food, came home and hung out not doing much of anything but cuddling under the covers trying to stay warm while the hubby caught up with some sleep, we took Hollywood to a sleep over, got pizza (I got Greek salad) for dinner, we watched a movie "Spies like Us" with Blondy then headed to "bed" for some more snuggle time early. All these little blessings going on while...

... the first boy I kissed asked me out by making me listen to the Beatles "I Want to Hold Your Hand" on his Sony Walkman. He was the first boy I said "I love you" to and meant it, made up silly little nicknames for everything with, built a dream house in every view and layout possible on paper, wrote countless poems and letters to,  and we planned our entire future together almost exactly 20 years ago. Ya that boy said "I do" to his beautiful bride yesterday while I was living out my amazing life with my husband and great kids.

So our lives went in such different directions, led us down different roads when we broke up for reasons that now seem so trivial and silly and awkwardly mature. That's what was bound to happen when were only 14 and 15 years old. But that year together and that day we said goodbye (even if we lived next door to each other for another year) took us to today (er yesterday) when we are thanking God for having the past behind us and our futures ahead. I hope you finally found your happily ever after G. You deserve it.

No comments: