Monday, October 25, 2010

Baked Apples and a Foot on Ice

Sat on my ass all day with my foot up and an ice pack rotated with an ace bandage for compression. It hurts like the dickens on the top of my foot just below the ankle. The feeling has point tenderness then spreads down my foot. Since we just spend a butt load of money on the same foot for the whole pelvic tilt/hip/leg/foot issue the whole first part of the year I'm a little perturbed that a whole new thing just popped up. :( So if I don't feel better tomorrow another appointment with the podiatrist is in order. Grrrr.... Saturday is supposed to be our first 20 miler.

BUT I made the most yummy baked apples and that makes up for it a little, well at least for today.

  • 2 Granny Smith Apples cored about 3/4 of the way
  • 2 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup TJ pecan cluster cereal
  • 1/4 cup walnut pieces
  • a small pad of butter on top of each
  • cinnamon to taste


I put both apples in a glass loaf pan with 1/8 cup water. mixed up the brown sugar, cereal and walnut pieces and fill the apples to the top. place a little tab of butter and put into a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes covered with foil.Take the foil off and cook 5 more minutes until the apples are soft. When you take your apple out sprinkle with cinnamon if you want. I did have a little stuffing left so I added that on top after I put it in my bowl. Yumm-o. I added a side of TJ's pumpkin ice cream and have to say it was the best pumpkin ice cream I've had so far.  I do love me some pumpkin ice cream so I'm sort of an unofficial expert if I do say so myself.


baked stuffed apples w/ TJ's pumpkin ice cream!

This was the perfect  easy fall dessert! I just tossed it into the oven when I was finished baking the chicken for dinner and set the timer. By the time it came out of the oven and cooled it was perfect timing for a warm treat!

1 comment:

Petraruns said...

Better get that foot looked at? Before it gets any worse.

Great way to cope with it though - those baked apples look delicious!