Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tag You're IT

Stole another MeMe from my friend (I actually just stalk her, but whatever) over at Pieces Of Me and thought I'd throw it out there for you all. Maybe get to know me a bit better. hu? whatcha think? Here it is in all its glory.


Apparently I'm in the bloggin mood so here's a little diddy for you all. You know how it works.

1. How would you describe your running 10 years ago?

Ten Years ago I was running around planning a wedding. I was working full time and saving for a house. I was living with my Best friend while we both planned our upcoming nuptials because neither of us could do anything without the other at the time, or still. I ran twice from our house to my grandparents. Twice that whole freakin year. Then I gave up for another 10 years. How do you like them apples?

2. What is your best and worst run/race experience?

hmmm. not many to base this on. In high school I messed up my knee on a race. That sucked, hurt like hell. But being diagnosed with Melanoma that year overshadowed any other racing. Just didn't have the same competitive edge I had before I knew. My best would have to be my first real 5K race with BFF. She rocks. Even after (ahem) 4 of Daron's margaritas I still PR'ed.

3. Why do you run?
That so called BFF called and said "I wanna run a marathon." I said "OK" although she thinks I should have said, "Are you F*%*ing crazy?" So I started running and after a 15 year hiatus. I signed up for January 1st and ran March 2nd a half mary in 2 hours 11 minutes. It was amazing and I loved it. I can't wait to run a full marathon this winter.

4. What is the best or worst piece of advice you've been given about running?
I've been given so much good advise its so hard to decide. Really just listen to your body and to not overdo it or up your mileage too fast is always in my pocket. My body thinks, Oh I only ran 15 miles last week but I want to run 25 miles this week and don't expect to be hurting. whatever. Worst advise, luckily I haven't had bad advise yet.

5. Tell us something surprising about yourself that not many people would know.
I'm kind of an open book. There isn't much about me that the general blog reading public doesn't already know. (thanks P.O.M. I call you Ditto and raise you one)

OK that's it. give me a comment if you do it too so I can learn a bit more about your running game.

1 comment:

ShirleyPerly said...

Gotta thank that BFF for getting you back into running! Cool that you've not received any bad advice yet. I'm trying to think if I have either.