Friday, January 8, 2010

2010 Welcome!

I wrote the breakdown of the CIM but didn't post it because it just seemed dry and sad. I had a great first 20 miles until I used the port-o-potty for a much needed break then struggled and never got my groove back. I came in at 4 hours 7 minutes and 47 seconds. Not as good as I had hoped but I know I went out too fast and held that too long. Oh well. I still took 18+ minutes off of last year and I'm looking forward to using that knowledge for this year. I believe that an amazing group of friends and coaches as well as kettlebells at KOR made that happen. I can't wait to use their knowledge again this round.
2010 is a new year, a new decade but I'm not putting forth resolutions but small goals I have written on a piece of paper. I'm not ready to open that up and post it. Somethings are a little too personal and I hold close to my heart. I have every intention of fulfilling them and maybe I'll be sharing when I feel more comfortable.
Running: Oh my goodness. I'm doing the Bidwell Classic on March 6th. Its a half marathon here in our very own Bidwell Park. I hope to take some time off my PR. We'll see if that is in the cards. If its not I'm not devastated. I enjoy half marathons... at least I did until I got sick last year and missed Shamrock'n then totally bombed Nike Women's in October including puking at miles 6 and 7.5. I'd like to redeem that now. LOL
Marathon training will start in June if I plan on doing Chicago. I think its totally cool that it is run on 10-10-10! Training is kinda freaking me out though. It gets really really really hot in Chico. I don't do well in the heat. I don't do well in the cold either for that matter. Give me 80F all year round and I'd probably be as happy as a clam. Maybe that's a clue that I should be on a beach somewhere.

2 comments:

Steven Cohen said...

We have beaches in and around Boston, but it's, of course, really cold, especially now! Good luck with your goals, and HEY, didn't you get a major PR on that CIM? :)

ShirleyPerly said...

Sounds like you need to be in Hawaii where it's 70-80 pretty much year around :-)

Congrats on your CIM race. I know it's not what you wanted but an 18 min improvement is nothing to sniff at.

Best of luck in 2010!