Monday, November 9, 2009

Down Hill Slope

We did our second 18 mile run on Saturday. It started out at Alan and Susan's house and finished there too with bagels and coffee because they rock. Last weekends 20 got stretched out a little so we ended up doing nearly 21 but many of those miles were close to race pace. I felt good all the way through. This week was supposed to be broken up into 3 segments. 4easy 2 race pace x 3 =18total. Well I started out with Susan, Liz, Patty and Ross and when it was race pace time I tried to catch up to Kosmo and Tracey. It took me 4 miles to get there though. So instead of 6 at race pace I did 8. Those last two miles were actually faster then race pace going under 9 minutes and close to 8:30's. I felt strong. I feel strong now. Tomorrow night is more hills in CalPark. Those hills and I have a love/hate relationship going.
I see the end now. I can feel it. I have one more 20 mile run and a 3 hour run for my long run then 10 the week before the Marathon. Its so close I can almost taste it! For those of you running CIM we will be eating at Lucca that night at 5:30. Hope to see you there!

4 comments:

Mark said...

Awesome run!! I hear you on the hills!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ShirleyPerly said...

Woohoo! So nice to hear how well your long run went. Sounds like you will be snagging a PR at CIM. Go get 'em, Tina!

Steven Cohen said...

You're doing some really hard work! That's totally gonna pay off at the marathon! Go get it!