Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The old Switch-a-roo

Instead of doing intervals tonight I chose to stay home with my kiddos. The FFP came home after a 96hour shift and left again for 2 days in the mountains with his papa to go archery hunting. Tonight is speed work. We are supposed to do a 1 mile warm up, 400m at 10k pace x10 with 400m easy recovery jog between. It is 101 degrees out there. It's not going to cool down enough by 7pm. I decided to run this morning AND I didn't want to have to pay a sitter.

FFP called his brother to ask the new papa if we could come see the bebe. David is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. He may be more beautiful than mine. I DID NOT want to let him go today. My hour of baby fix totally interfered in my running plans but I'm OK with that. I'll be hiking up to Feather Falls with the girls tomorrow and doing my speed workout Thursday, a recovery run on Friday, long(er) 10 mile run on Saturday. I bought food to keep me fueled. I'm on track... for this week at least I hope.

Ohhh so David was born on Saturday... and my cousin (actually FFP's cousin but I knew her before I knew him) had a little girl today. She was afraid this day would never come. She had Leukemia when we were 18 and now married and ready to have babies her eggs didn't work. Through at long and heartbreaking few years their prayers have been granted and Danika Lee Wilson was welcomed into this world. With fear of complications for mommy and baby all through the pregnancy it is a true miracle for them both to be healthy today.

No comments: